Acne is a disorder that affects people of all ages and races. Once thought to be the result of poor diet and bad hygiene, it is now known that the causes of acne are far more complex. Hormonal changes, heredity, stress and pollutants are some of the possible causes for acne.
Juice Beauty Organic Clear Skin : This 30 day supply is the perfect organic solution to clear, healthy skin with four simple steps. Kit includes a clarifying cleansing gel, exfoliating green apple peel, replenishing blemish clearing serum and lightweight oil-free moisturizer. Also includes a bonus eco-bamboo headband. Perfect for oily and blemish prone skin.
4 oz. Cleansing Gel
.25 oz. Green Apple Peel, Sensitive
1 oz. Blemish Clearing Serum
1 oz. Oil Free Moisturizer.
Burts Bees Blemish Stick : This blemish stick contains 10 effective natural herbal ingredients including willow-bark, nature’s version of salicylic acid, which clarifies and gently exfoliates skin to clear pores and help prevent breakouts. Combined with tea tree and juniper oils, known for their antiseptic and astringent qualities, and calendula to reduce inflammation and redness, this concentrated formula keeps your skin clear, naturally. $8, www.burtsbees.com
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay: deep cleanses skin pores, removing dirt and impurities, lifting out poisons and toxins stored in the epidermis; pimples and blackheads are absorbed into the clay bed, resulting in accelerated healing and nourishment of the skin. $7.16, www.vitaminshoppe.om
The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Shower Gel : The Shower Gel Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming. $13, thebodyshop.com
- Organic Green Tea – This is rich in an anti-inflammatory chemical called catechins, which helps to combat free radicals and prevent fine lines.
- Olive oil – good monounsaturated fats like olive or sesame oil contain essential fatty acids that are needed for good health. Fats are an integral part of cell membranes and will help to nourish the skin and give it an inner glow.
- Walnuts – They are rich in omega-3 oils, another powerful antioxidant that helps to keep the skin plump and flexible. Omega-3 oils are also found in oily fish such as salmon, or in flaxseed oil.
- Berries – Blueberries, raspberries, cranberries are all rich in phytochemicals that are protective of skin cells. You can’t get the same results though, from frozen or preserved fruit.
- Lemon Juice – It’s a natural bleach and can be used to fade sunspots and freckles. Put a slice of lemon over the spot and leave it for 10 minutes everyday for a week, or exfoliate by rubbing a cut lemon and half a teaspoon of granulated sugar over the skin for a few minutes. Be careful not to get any lemon in your eyes and stop immediately if you get a bad reaction as some people have extremely sensitive skin.
- Watermelon – Some people believe that rubbing their faces with the rind of a watermelon will give them beautiful skin.There is plenty of truth to this, as the pulp of the fruit is a good exfoliant and watermelon is rich in vitamins A, B and C. The fruit contains a lot of water which serves to hydrate the skin and the gentle massaging action will stimulate lymphatic drainage.
- Low-Fat Dairy Products – One the most important components of skin health is vitamin A. One of the best places to get it is low-fat dairy products. In fact, experts say that the health of our skin cells is dependent on dietary vitamin A.
- Whole-Wheat Bread, Cereals and Brazil nuts – Dietary selenium comes from nuts, cereals, meat, fish, and eggs. Brazil nuts are the richest ordinary dietary source. The mineral selenium connects all these foods for healthy skin. Experts say selenium plays a key role in the health of skin cells. Some studies show that even skin damaged by the sun may suffer fewer consequences if selenium levels are high.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is a very important natural beauty aid. Apply yogurt on the face every morning. Wash it off after a few minutes with cold water. This will keep the complexion smooth, healthy and fresh. A mixture of yogurt and lemon juice is ideal for softening hands.
- Water – While the exact amount you should drink each day varies, no one disputes the role good hydration plays in keeping skin looking healthy and even young. When that hydration comes from pure, clean water – not liquids such as soda or even soup – experts say skin cells rejoice.