Saturday, September 24, 2011

Film: Transmedia Part I

Transmedia. I heard the word and its 'defintion' a while back (ask Hezues R') and he asked me to write about it. I was going to write about it, but I really wanted to see where it was going before I could share it with you. Where is it going? This word is sweeping through the Hollywood landscape like a wild fire. There are now transmedia companies, consultants and producers hired to essentially leverage every media and social networking platform available today to market a creation and build a franchise that will entice the consumer interactively; personally connecting them to stories, archetypal characters and universal themes. Star Wars and Harry Potter are perfect examples of transmedia storytelling at its best--still giving birth to fanatics galore--before there was the word 'transmedia'. I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment