Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Music: Missy Elliott: The Back Story

Missy Elliott's presence in music has really been missed. No artist can match the creativity and out of the box style that Missy puts down on record. She's released hit after hit and has penned chart toppings singles for some of the biggest artists ever. But she's been off the radar as of lately.

It was only revealed recently that she has been struggling with Graves disease.

“There have been some inaccuracies reported in regards to my diagnosis with Grave’s Disease, so I wanted to clear things up. I was diagnosed with Grave’s Disease about three years ago but it really hasn’t slowed me down at all. I rocked my performance on VH1 Hip Hop Honors’ tribute to Timbaland last year. I’ve written and produced a bunch of Grammy-nominated, #1 hits for artists like Keyshia Cole, Monica and Jasmine Sullivan. I toured the UK, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. And on top of all that, I’m working on my new album. I feel great. Under my doctor’s supervision, I’ve been off medication for about a year and I’m completely managing the condition through diet and exercise.”

Missy has continued to tour despite her personal struggles. Elliott will tell her story in her own words for the world to hear on VH1’s “Behind the Music”, premiering this Wednesday, June 29 at 10 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment