Thursday, April 21, 2011

Design: Third and The Seventh by Alex Roman

The Third & The Seventh from Alex Roman on Vimeo.

Architecture to me has always been a very hard language to speak in. As you know if you follow my site Culturalblahblah, I love anything architecture and design but if the conversation about architecture isn't around function then I have always found it very hard to discuss. The easiest way for me to discuss architecture is through photography and sometimes film.

There are number of films that showcase great architecture in interesting ways, one being My Architect on the works of Louis Khan. That said, rarely do you find someone who is able to speak so clearly through film and illustrate the beauty of architecture as well as Alex Roman and his film The Third and The Seventh.

Needless to say that I was floored by this short film. Very rarely do you come across something you see that makes you sit back and breath easier and just feel inspired.

For more on this story and others in contemporary art, design and architecture visit Culturalblahblah at http://www.culturalblahblah.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment