Saturday, December 18, 2010

Food: Chef Lauren Von Der Pool

"Your food is your Medicine"
Peace, OM, namaste, hotep, shalom, bonne journee, siku njema, and all of that good stuff! Allow me to Introduce myself, Hi my name is Lauren. Some call me Boogie. I am a student of life, thou most know me as a Chef. I love to sing but never wanted to be a starving artist so I became the CEO/founder of a Green non-profit Von Der Pool Gourmet & Healthy Living Services Inc. We teach inner city communities healthy living services and agricultural awareness. I am also the CEO and Executive Chef of Von Der Pool Gourmet, Inc. we offer Electrical Food classes, health consultations, private chef services and weekly meal plans and more. Check us out!

Lets see what the New York Times has to say about Von Der Pool's visit to the White House

Many consider me to be a world renowned celebrity chef specializing in exotic, vegan and raw food cuisine, yet it means nothing if I cannot bring that light to my global community starting locally. The foundation of my philosophy is eating an Alkaline Carbon Based Diet or even better the CHO arrangement, which is simply eating foods that are either Carbon based, Hydrogen based or Oxygen based.


I arose from humble beginnings at the age of 16 when became a raw foodist and decided I didn't wanna work for anybody else, unless it was to apprentice; I wanted to write the checks. I began supporting myself like the hustlers I saw on the block except I went into the business of food & beverage; I began selling raw pies outside of local universities and got my first millionaire client doing so, too! Got some knowledge, travel, more clients and experience then decided to attend Le Cordon Bleu. As a student I went on to cater the Oscars, Grammys, AMA’s and countless A-List celebrity events heading up the vegetarian, vegan & raw food cuisine.


After apprenticing with world renowned Chefs, Healers and restaurateurs such as Wolfgang Puck, Kyle Cannoughton of the Michelin acclaimed Fat Duck Restaurant, Dr. Sebi, Karyn Calabrese, Aris La Tham, The Sushi King - Chef Kaz Okochi to name a few restaurant I have returned to DC! I was an instrumental player in getting the Healthy School Lunch Act passed alongside PCRM's Dr. Neal Bernard, Elizabeth Kucinich and NBA star John Salley.

Deputy Agriculture Secretary Kathleen Merrigan

I am currently working with The First Lady's campaign to end our national obesity epidemic, Chefs Move To Schools. I am heavily involved in DC Farm to School Initiatives etc. to raise the awareness of humanity in a fun, haute, exciting way!

No comments:

Post a Comment